December 21, 2010

Bryce Austin Sherard

It was Tuesday, December 7th (my Mom's Birthday), and as far as we knew we were celebrating my mom's 59th birthday that night at Cheesecake Factory-and that was it! Jason and I decided to get some Christmas shopping done during the day so we headed out to the Allen/Fairview area. Before we hit the stores we grabbed lunch at Schlotzsky's and the events started! Before we left I decided it would be a good idea to use the restroom. After all, I was 35 weeks pregnant and bathroom stops were pretty frequent! On my way to the restroom I felt a gush of fluid come out of me. Hmm, this is weird, I thought to myself. I always heard that bladder control was tough during pregnancy, but seeing as though I didn't "suffer" from most of the typical pregnancy issues I wasn't sure what was going on. I stayed in the restroom for a few minutes before I found a safe time to leave. I walked up to Jason and quietly said "I think we need to go home." He looked at me like "what is going on" and I calmly said I would explain outside. Once we were outside I told him I wasn't sure if my waters broke or if I was experiencing that bladder control issue I have heard about. He suggested I call the Doctor, but I of course wanted to "see what happened." We then stopped for gas and I experienced another gush. At this point I knew we should go home. On our way home I called my Mom and Jason's Mom to get their input and both seemed to agree it was not just bladder control! Once we were home we called the Dr. and she wanted me to come to her office. Jason had a feeling it was time so we packed a bag for the hospital just in case. We loaded up and headed to the Doctor. Once we were there I felt like no one in the office believed me that my water broke. I sat in the room alone for at least 15 minutes waiting for someone to come see me. Once the floor was covered in fluid I decided I needed to get up and ask a nurse to come in. I tried to clean up but every time I moved fluid gushed out! As soon as the nurse saw my mess the Doctor seemed to be in more of a hurry. After the exam she determined it was in fact my water and I was 4 cm dilated. She advised us to go straight to the hospital!
We arrived at Baylor Frisco around 2:30 and it was time! I will spare you all of the details but I will say that my labor experience was such a breeze and NOTHING like what I envisioned. I was surrounded by family and friends and just tried to relax and take it all in. I even found time to play on Facebook and order Bryce's Christmas stocking! Bryce Austin Sherard was born at 1:12 am on December 8, 2010. He weighed 6 lbs 2 ounces and was 18.75 inches long. The hospital and all of my nurses were fantastic! Jason and I spent 3 nights at the hospital, but Bryce had to stay an extra 2 nights after we left. This was such a difficult thing and my biggest fear all along. Bryce's bilirubin level was elevated and the Doctor wanted to keep him for photo therapy. We were able to visit him as much as we wanted and could take him out from the lights for feedings. We spent both days with him and only went home at night to sleep, or try our best to sleep. On Sunday, December 12th we were able to bring home our new baby boy!
Newborn Pic

   Stats


Aunt Kiki (Katie) got him his 1st cake!

PROUD Daddy

It is now Monday, December 20th and we are adjusting to our new life. During these 12 days I have fallen in a deeper love with my husband then I ever knew possible. To see him as a Father is such an amazing thing. He is so loving, nurturing, and supportive and I am so blessed to have him in my life. Today was his first day back at work and I was dreading this day all along. I spent the day with my Mom but felt it was best for me to come back home tonight and do this on my own! I feel so blessed to be a part of 2 amazing families and have such a close network of friends. I appreciate all of the support not only during this chapter, but throughout my whole life. 2010 has been the best year of my life and such an eventful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment