March 28, 2011

Our First Anniversary

Its hard to believe it has just been 1 short year since Jason and I got married. We have had quite an eventful first year of marriage to say the least! Over the weekend we celebrated our first anniversary and had a wonderful time. The Four Season's sent us a voucher several months ago for a free Saturday night in a suite, as well as a complimentary Sunday brunch for 2. As soon as we received it, we knew we wanted to use it to celebrate our anniversary since that is where we got married! It worked out perfect because our actual anniversary was on Sunday, so we used it for the Saturday night before.
Bryce had his first overnight with Nonnie and Pops and Jason and I had a wonderful night celebrating. We started off Saturday with a wonderful couples massage. This is the 2nd time we have done this together in a month, and have decided we are going to make it a regular thing! We are both addicted and it helps me recover from my tough workouts that Jason is putting me through :) After our massage we checked in at the Four Season's. We were given a villa overlooking the golf course, which was perfect! What I love about the Four Season's is it feels like you are "away" and out of the hussle and bussle of Dallas. It was so neat to be on the same property and relive our wedding weekend. We hung out in the room for the afternoon and enjoyed some peace and quiet. For dinner we went to Pappas Brother's Steakhouse for the first time. We typically visit Ruth's Chris or Steve Fields, but being that we were at the Four Season's these were not convenient. We also got a gift card from my parent's to Pappas so it worked out perfectly! We got there early to enjoy a nice cocktail in the bar. It was a great environment! We had a nice, long dinner with great food and even better wine. The food was equal to Ruth's Chris, BUT the service was by far above and beyond. Our server's name was Lewis, and he was amazing. Their wine list is 50 pages (no joke!) and he, along with the stewardess helped us select a nice bottle for our dinner. He suggested a bottle called The Prisoner, and it is by far the best wine I have ever had! Once he learned how much we liked he, he wrote down about 8 or 10 other suggestions for us. We have already started our mission to find them! After dinner, Jason decided that he wanted a cigar so Lewis came through with yet another great suggestion for the "not so cigar savvy." I have never enjoyed a good cigar, but wanted to try something different. Although it was rather strong, and it took me awhile to get the hang of it, I ended up enjoying it with my hubby on our balcony that night! Oh yeah, that was after we were about 10 minutes late to get some wine for our room so we were forced to pay $30 for us each to make a drink from our mini bar in our room. Oh well, it was worth it! On Sunday, we had 11:00 reservations for their amazing Sunday brunch. It was the perfect ending to our stay!
I can't believe that its already been a year since Jason and I got married. A year ago today, we were off to St. Lucia and little did we know what was coming! I could not ask for a more perfect first year of marriage. I am so thankful that despite our long journey, Jason and I ended up as husband and wife :) Who would have thought?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment